Sunday, January 9, 2011

Here we go! The basics...

I found out about my host family this morning, so I figured it was finally time to start up the Ecuador blog!

I will be living with three other ladies and a dog! Sonia (my host mother) has three daughters, two of which live at home: Karen (age 28) and Denisse (age 20). I'm excited to have a girl my age to hang out with. I don't know much about them except they want to be my friend and take me on weekend trips out of the city. Sounds good to me!


I will be staying in Cuenca, which is a pretty big city (the third largest in Ecuador, I believe). I'm so excited, it FINALLY seems real! 

Here are a few of the many things I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:
-going dancing
-warmer weather 
-reading my Spanish Bible
-going to church in Ecuador
-celebrating Carnaval and other holidays
-meeting my host family and having a dog
-trying new food (I'm officially a carnivore again!)
-wearing my new chacos around (I guess good things can come from accidentally leaving ALL of my shoes locked in my room in Chicago...)
-discovering a new culture & learning Spanish - obviously!
-being outside, seeing the rainforest and the BEAUTIFUL nature

No comments:

Post a Comment