Monday, February 14, 2011

Día de San Valentin

Feliz Día de San Valentin! (Happy Valentine's Day!)

It's only 9 am and I am already starting to think Valentine's Day is a big deal here. Right around 1:00 am, I heard loud singing outside our house. I was groggy/sleepy and figured it was just some annoying neighbors so I ignored it for awhile and tried to sleep. Then I remembered what Karen (my older host sister) told me: it's super common for novios to serenade their girlfriends for Valentine's Day! I peeked out my window, and sure enough, there was Jeovanni (my sister's boyfriend) with a guitar and a bunch of other people singing to my sister's window. Could there be a more adorable tradition?! I think this should make it's way to the U.S. ;)

This morning at breakfast, my host mom greeted me with a big hug and said "¡Feliz día Kellie! Hoy es el día de amor y amistad" (Have a happy day! Today is the day of love and friendship.)

So I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day as well. Con amor mis amigos.
"El amor es como la guerra. Fácil empezar, pero muy difícil parar."

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day Kellie! Hugs and Kisses from Minnesota. :)

    Love Ya,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Kellie!

    Love you!
    Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day Kellie - maybe I'll serenade someone today!

    Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete